“Our goal at Vista Bahn Ski Rentals is get you the best possible skiing experience in the Vail Valley, whether that’s giving you the opportunity to try several different skis in variable conditions, or connect you with that sweet, new ski you’ve been eyeing.” Sacha Gros, co-owner VBSR.
The decision to rent or buy skis depends on several factors. We’ll break it down for you to help with your decision. The first and easiest one for us is the numbers game. Check out the table below:
If you ski fewer than 10 times a year, renting makes the most sense, even over a two to three year span. Numbers aside, there are a lots of benefits to rental skis in Vail, especially if you’re getting them from us at Vista Bahn Ski Rentals:
- You have the option to ski the same ski every day OR to switch it up when we get those big Vail champagne powder snowstorms, which is like owning 2 pairs of skis
- The convenience factor is huge, ski storage runs you $6/night, but rental skis include free ski storage, no schlepping your gear around Vail’s A+ aprés scene
- We’ll wax your rental skis any time you ask so you won’t get stuck in the slow lane on those uber cold mornings
- There are lots of Vail ski shops to choose from, and that effects your experience and quality of product, come see us, we’ll give you our best
And the benefits to owning:
- If you ski a lot, or a little, it’s helpful to know what to expect from the ski, which comes from skiing the same ski over and over
- If you’re skiing 20-30 days a year, the numbers add up to own, and then come to Vista Bahn Ski Rentals and try out a pair of fat skis when the snow falls in feet, not inches
So whether you decide to buy or rent skis in Vail, come in to Vista Bahn Ski Rentals and let our awesome and experienced staff of skiers and tuners help you out with getting the best Vail Village ski rental experience you can!