It’s a new day, it’s a new dawn, we’ve got new skis for the new season.
In Spring 2015, the Vista Bahn Ski Rentals staff tested the new 2015-2016 season skis at Copper Mountain in Copper, Colorado. SIA Ski Testing (SIA Snow Sports) brings ski industry reps to the Rockies to present their upcoming lines and do their best to persuade shop owners the have the best of the best. Regional mountain retail shop staff rip up the hill testing skis of all levels on several varieties of terrain to decide which to purchase for the upcoming season. It’s a fun action-packed two days of ski laps! Below are the staff favorites and why. Come check them out for yourselves, the early season snow in Vail is awesome!
- Sacha: Nordica Enforcer (193): Totally redesigned this year; stable, easy to ski but handles high speed and difficult terrain easily.
- Dominique: Nordica Santa (177): Lightweight, 100mm under foot, good in powder, chop and holds up at high speeds.
- Matt: Head Monster 88: This is a hybrid GS ski made for racers.
- Emily: Nordica Santa Ana (169): Keeps up when I’ve got to keep up but easy enough to manage when skidding turns with the kiddos. Plows through the chop too!
- Clare: Volkl Aura (170): Playful with pop, great load, fun tree ski, good in Spring bumps and cool graphics are a bonus.
- Diane: Rossignol Saffron 7 (170): Just plain fun, great on groomers for the intermediate skier.
Check out Ski magazine’s reviews on the new skis. We’re happy to answer questions and give you our suggestions for trying out the new demo skis. We love to chat away the day with customers and friends. (If you’re looking for bonus points, bring doggie treats for Stitch and Otter, our shop dogs.) In addition to the above alpine ski demos favorites, we have a full line of demo and rental skis from the brands Atomic, Blizzard, Head, K2, Nordica, Rossignol, Salomon and Volkl.
See you in the shop soon and out on the slopes!