While today it’s 60 degrees and there isn’t a cloud in the sky, you never know when a big storm cycle will roll in, bringing seemingly endless powder to Vail Mountain. Less than two weeks ago was one of those times.
VBSR employees Santiago and Barclay were lucky enough to find some time to make some turns on Wednesday, March 4th after nearly two feet of snow had made its way to the mountain.
“As a skier, you live for days like these. We are waiting for the storms, tracking the storms, and when the snow falls, it is just the best. I love skiing powder!” says Santiago.
Here at Vista Bahn Ski Rentals, we know skiers live for these days. We not only tune your skis to perfection, we also offer a great fleet of powder skis to demo. Here are some of our favorites:
- The Liberty Skis Double Helix: At 121mm under foot, this big boy is definitely a staff favorite. A light bamboo core, and early-rise tip rocker makes this skis surprisingly nimble while maintaining incredible float to keep you on top.
- The K2 Shredittor: A pro-model named after famous freeskier, Sean Pettit, the Shredittor is a great option for powder, crud, and the like!
- The Rossignol Super 7: The Super 7 is one of the best selling in the Rossignol line. With a number of industry awards, the Super 7 is definitely a popular VBSR ski when the snow stacks up.
- The Rossignol Savory 7: The Women’s counterpart to the Super 7, the Savory 7 will keep you floating in powder, while also handling well once you get back to the groomers.
- The Liberty Skis Envy: Light, easy to turn and fun to ski, the Envy definitely lives up to it’s name!
While we’re not all catching air like Barclay, having the right ski can definitely make a big difference while skiing powder. March is historically Vail’s snowiest month. Come to the shop and let us know how we can help you have your best day on the slopes!