January 27, 2015 marked the first ever Ski With Sacha Day and it was a success! Vista Bahn Ski Rentals customers and family members met at the shop at 9:45 for a 10:30 departure to hit the hill with former World Alpine Ski Championship Racer, Olympian and shop co-owner, Sacha Gros. Included in the festivities were Sacha and Emily Gros, Clare Hefferren, and Caroline Berry, former shop manager and close friend to Jane and Joel Gros (Original owners and siblings, Dominique and Sacha’s parents). The plan was simple; get together for a casual day to ski, chat with Sacha and get to know each other better. Everyone had different skis, unique favorite runs and shared some personal information to keep things fun and light.
Meet the crew of the day:
- Skied on: Nordica Belle to Belle
- Favorite groomer: Lodgepole
- Favorite powder run: W.O.W
- Been skiing: 20 years
- Inside scoop: Not only is she a skier, she also golfs with a handicap of one!
- Skied on: Blizzard Bonafide
- Wearing: Strafe one piece gore-tex suit
- Favorite run (of late): chair 12 magic carpet with my boys
- Inside scoop: Not only is he a skier, he also golfs, much worse than Caroline however
- Skied on: Nordica Hell & Back
- Favorite groomer: Bwana, thanks to Pops (Joel Gros)
- Favorite powder run: Windows
- Been skiing: 20 years
- Inside scoop: Not only is she a skier, she is also a pilot
- Skied on: Rossignol Savory 7
- Favorite groomer: Berries
- Favorite powder run: Sweet and Sour
- Been skiing: 38 years, took up telemarking 3 years ago to mix it up
- Inside scoop: Clare first moved to Vail during her ‘quarter life crisis’. She fell in love with the mountain and 11 years later boomeranged back and calls it home again.
After the success of the first Ski With Sacha Day it will be offered again on February 10, March 31, and April 7, 2015. While it is fun to watch Sacha lay it down, he also chills on the cruisers and tells jokes on the chairlift, so don’t be intimidated. This is an opportunity for our Vista Bahn Ski Rentals customers and for friends of the shop to get a chance to ski with a real local legend. Sacha is a three time NCAA champion, an Olympian and has skied in four World Championships including three here in the United States.
” A day on the hill makes everything better. Blue skies, good snow, good friends and mother nature. We love our Vail Valley home and grin as the years tick by.” ~ Sacha Gros
This is an informal ‘ski date’ of sorts, not a chance to show off the skills of Vista Bahn Ski Rentals employees, nor or a ski lesson, but instead a chance to ski together as friends. There will also be someone on hand to take photos which we’re happy to share and you may just become famous through VBSR marketing materials. The goal is to have fun, make memories right here at the VBSR shop and in our backyard, Vail mountain!
We hope to see you February 10th! Email the shop email@example.com or call for a reservation 970-476-2566.